Located in Three Points, Arizona. Charter received January 30, 1972, with 25 members. Hubert Hall was the first commander. First location of meeting area was located on North East corner off Ajo Highway and Sasabe turn off at a local gas station/store; which no longer exists today.

On July 16, 1974, United States Department of the Interior Bureau of Land Management Land Office, under the Recreation and Public Purposes Act of June 14, 1926, processed the application for the land East 1/2 of Lot 5 lying southeast of State Highway 286 and E 1/2 of Lot 8, section 4, T. 16 S., R. 10 East, GSR Mer., Arizona containing approximately 31.21 acres, for the purpose of constructing and operating a post home site and public recreational park. The first District 5 meeting was held on August 13, 1972. VFW Post 10254 was incorporated March 5, 1980.

Auxiliary chartered on October 30, 1972, with 30 members. Mary Humer was the first Auxiliary President. Mary Humer became the District 5 and Auxiliary Post 10254 President in 1973. The Post/Auxilary members voted to have the same officers stay in office for the year 1973.

Gregory Beeson became commander of the post on May 6, 1974. The post is named after him as he was the major contributor for the building of the post home. The post changed their name from VFW Post 10254 to James ‘Greg’ Beeson VFW Post 10254 on March 21, 1999.

This post has a few firsts to mention:

1) Husband and Wife become commander. Year 2002 – 2003, Loren ‘Corky’ Gripp and Betty M. Gripp year 2001 – 2002 and both earned their “All State Team”, “White Hats”.

2) One of the first women for District 5 to become commander, Betty M. Gripp, in 2002 – 2003.

3) Loren ‘Corky’ Gripp was District 5’s Commander for two consecutive years, 1996 – 1998.

4) Phil Roseberry earned his “All State Team”, “White Hat”, as Commander and Bill Gates as Quartermaster year 2005 – 2006.